[rt-users] Location instead of virtualhost

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 29 03:46:45 EDT 2003

I setup rt3.03 with a VirtualHost httpd.conf setup which is working fine.

However what I'd prefer to do is use an Alias and Location setup (e.g.
access RT at http:\\my.host.name\rt3 instead of http:\\my.host.name) so
my other non-rt content on this server can also be available.

I have working sample code of my httpd.conf from my current rt3 server
and a previous rt2 server of mine below (that was using the
Location/Alias combo the way I want it to work on my new server).

I haven't had much luck navigating the differences in my two setups to
make locations work with RT.  Can someone please point out how to make
my rt3.0.3 httpd.conf file work as a Location/Alias combo (e.g.
http:\\my.host.name\rt3) instead?

My current 3.0.3, Apache2.x, Fastcgi httpd.conf setup (which I want to
use location/alias combo instead)
---------------------------------
<VirtualHost my.ip.address>
         ServerName my.host.name
         DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
         AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
         LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
         AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi

         FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi
         Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
         ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
</VirtualHost>
---------------------------------

A previous rt2.017 httpd.conf setup (Apache1.x, FreeBSD, modperl)
---------------------------------
###rt###
Alias /rt2 /opt/rt2/WebRT/html/
PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl