[rt-users] RT 2.0 to 3.0 Conversion problems

josh josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us
Tue Dec 2 11:16:50 EST 2003

I'm trying to convert from 2.0 to 3.0 using the downloaded tool.
My rt2 installation is gone, though the RT2 database is still
installed in my MySQL. I can do piecemeal retrieval of the RT2 from
backup.

When I went to run rt-2.0-to-dumpfile
after changing the perl location and the use lib lines to:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
use lib "/usr/local/rt3/lib";
use lib "/usr/local/rt3/etc";

I had the errors below:
[11:08:19:war-admiral:~]./rt-2.0-to-dumpfile RTDUMP
"LoadConfig" is not exported by the RT::Interface::CLI module
 "DBConnect" is not exported by the RT::Interface::CLI module
Can't continue after import errors at ./rt-2.0-to-dumpfile line 38
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./rt-2.0-to-dumpfile line 38.

I tried again as root just incase it was one of those permission
things.

Any idea where to go from here.
BTW:
line 38 is

use RT::Interface::CLI qw(CleanEnv LoadConfig DBConnect GetCurrentUser GetMessageContent);

perhaps there is a database problem - even though the scripts say
everything for 3.0 is installed - both RT versions have the same
database users and passwords. The group and user ids (the number) for
the rt group are different. Would that change things?

Any ideas on how to proceed will help!

--
Josh Kuperman
josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us