[rt-users] Comment level custom fields functionality?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Tue Dec 2 15:46:45 EST 2003

Does anyone wish to see or has anyone undertaken to add custom fields
functionality at the Comment/Reply level?

We are using RT3 in our IT department for basic job tracking. It's working
well, but we'd like to be able to tag comment records with markers to be
able to produce management summary reports. Ie. we'd like to be able to mark
comments with things like 'travel', 'meeting', 'purchasing', 'research' etc.

>From this, combined with the Time Worked per comment, we could derive
general summaries from a 'work type' perspective rather than just from the
individual ticket perspective. The idea being to answer questions such as,
'Is travel to/from one particular site hogging a disproportionate amount of
time?' or 'Is it taking more time to buy things than actually planning the
purchases?'

I'm not looking to turn RT into a full time and billing system, just to be
able to add extra marker dimensions to the existing superstructure...

Any comments?