[rt-users] Has anyone figured out how to install Apache::Test?

John Schubert jschubert at linearcorp.com
Thu Dec 4 02:40:43 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 15:18, rcoleman at interpublic.com wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Don Brett wrote:
>
> > I'm running into the same problem others have.  All Apache tests fail
> > while installing
> > Apache::Request, complaining about Apache::Test, which refuses to
> > install.  Any suggestions?  Thanks,
> > Don
>
> I had to force the install.  And all seems to be working well.

At the risk of chiming in with another "Me too".  I did the same.  Under
Solaris, I always config, and make as a normal user, and then make
install as root.  Doing otherwise invites permissions problems later.
With this install, however, I wasn't worried about permissions so I
forced the install since I understood the Apache::Test wanted to be run
under a normal user.

Long story made longer.  I skipped the tests for that one module and did
a forced install.  The one thing I didn't try was SUDO, but I'd assume
that'd still have issues since it's running with a UID of 0 (root).

John