[rt-users] Problems creating tickets in command line

Joerg Herbert joerg at die-herberts.de
Sat Dec 6 14:41:29 EST 2003

Hi all.

On 5 Dec 2003 at 17:19, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 05:01:04PM +0000, Mariana Martins Lopes
wrote:
> > Hi! > I'm using RT2. When I try to create a new ticket, using the
> following > command: >  ./rt --create --subject='teste comando'
> --requestors=3 --queue=19 > > where 3 is the root userid and 19 my
> queueid.
>
> I think you want to be using the actual Names and not their internal
> ids.

I think you have to use the correct Email-Adress or the unix-Username
for --requestors. For --queue you have to use the id. I don't know
why, but you have to set $EDITOR=/usr/bin/vi (or any other Editor)
even if you don't edit tickets manually.

I solved that once, but haven't got access to the solution anymore
because i changed employers.
--
Bye for now,
Bis denne,