[rt-users] Weird email issue with Outlook

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Tue Dec 9 10:44:35 EST 2003

RC> rt at XXXX.com; on behalf of; systems at XXXX.com <mailto:systems at XXXX.com>

RC> This is a weird issue and only occurs on Outlook. Anyone had any experience
RC> with this? The reply to line is fine but the from line just comes in funny.
RC> I've tried turning off user friendly from lines and still no luck.

Lookout! is being "friendly" and showing the SMTP sender envelope
address as the sender.  As a nice side effect, all mailing list mail
these people view also look like that, with the bounce address as the
from and "on behalf of" the real author.  You'd think M$ would
actually try to do the right thing, but then you'd probably expect too
much.

There's nothing you can do about it on the sending side, since it is
entirely a dain-bramaged display issue.