[rt-users] html only message do not display in RT

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Tue Dec 9 13:51:45 EST 2003

JV> I'll take a patch that produces a "simple" plain text version of html
JV> mail for RT 3.1.  Producing scrubbed html still has the possibility of a
JV> malicious end user writing html which mimicks the rest of RT's user
JV> interface to its own evil ends.

I have two versions.  One written using HTML::Parser and
HTML::PrettyPrint, and the other using IPC::Run with w3m as an
external program.  The former does not handle tables, which I really
needed for my application, thus the second version was written.
Neither will preserve links, which I think is OK for the email
notice. (Well, technically, I have another script to stick in front of
calling w3m that makes footnoted links in the text version, but that
is written in ruby, and may be fragile).

I'll be glad to donate either/both to RT.