[rt-users] Email.pm and User Account Creation

Steve Madonna madonna at worldoftomorrow.net
Tue Dec 9 21:18:48 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to give newly created accounts access to the web interface
automatically. Seaching the [rt-user] archives pointed me to Email.pm.
I've changed the various parameters in the CreateUser function:

my ($Val, $Message) =
      $NewUser->Create(Name => ($Username || $Address),
                       EmailAddress => $Address,
                       RealName => $Name,
                       Password => undef,
                       Privileged => 0,
                       Comments => 'Autocreated on ticket submission'
                      );

Various posts said that just changing the Password line from undef to
something like ($Username || $Address) would allow a newly created
account. Not in my case. If I change any of these parameters, they don't
seem to take effect at all. As a test, I changed Comments to say 'Test
account' instead of the default. The first test account created via
email had this comment text. The very next account created was back to
the default?!?!? Pretty crazy. Does anyone have any experience hacking
this file? Suggestions on what I need to do?

Thanks in advance for any info.

RT Specs on my system:
RT 3.0.7_01
Apache 1.3.29