[rt-users] Configuring Apache for RT

Ritu Khetan ritu at netcore.co.in
Wed Dec 10 01:31:39 EST 2003

Hello Max,

    I have tried the config you gave below but in vain. The problem
persists. This is what Apache's error log shows:

Directory index forbidden by rule: /opt/rt3/share/html/

I need to resolve this quickly and am not able to find any solution. Pls
help.

Regards,
Ritu
On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 16:47, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Ritu Khetan wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >>    I am trying to configure Apache for RT with the following VirtualHost
> >> entry:
> >>
> >> <VirtualHost *:5000>
> >>     ServerName 192.168.2.60
> >>     DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
> >>     ErrorLog logs/rt-error.log
> >>     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
> >>     PerlModule Apache::DBI
> >>     PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
> >>
> >>     <Location />
> >>         SetHandler perl-script
> >>         PerlHandler RT::Mason
> >>     </Location>
> >> </VirtualHost>
> >>
> >> Further I also have, DirectoryIndex index.html enabled. But yet, I am
> >> not able to access RT front end without specifying index.html in the
> >> URL.
> >>
> >> I am using Apache 2.0.8. Any help on DirectoryIndex would be of great
> >> help.
>
> DirectoryIndex doesn't seem to function in SetHandler perl-script
> directories.
> I don't know enough about Apache internals to know if there is a more
> elegant solution, but this is what I am using:
>
> <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
>   <Files *.html>
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlHandler RT::Mason
>   </Files>
> </Directory>
> <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment>
>   SetHandler perl-script
>   PerlHandler RT::Mason
> </Directory>
> <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/SelfService/Attachment>
>   SetHandler perl-script
>   PerlHandler RT::Mason
> </Directory>
> <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/REST>
>   SetHandler perl-script
>   PerlHandler RT::Mason
> </Directory>
>
> Max.

NETCORE SOLUTIONS *** Ph: +91 22 5662 8000 Fax: +91 22 5662 8134

MailServ and FlexiMail: Messaging Solutions: http://netcore.co.in

Pragatee: Integrated Server-Software Suite: http://www.pragatee.com

Emergic Freedom: Server-centric Computing: http://www.emergic.com

BlogStreet: Blog Profiles and RSS Ecosystem: http://blogstreet.com