[rt-users] datetime stored in GMT?

Jessica Koeppel jessica at thereinc.com
Fri Dec 12 02:21:37 EST 2003

Hi Folks.  I'm brand new to the list, and relatively new to RT
internals.  I'm trying to write some reports, and I'm just accessing
the rt2 mysql database directly from a perl script. I have just
discovered that while the RT interface will show the Created date for
a ticket as I expect it to (ie; a ticket submitted around 4pm today
will have a Created time of 2003-12-11 16:00:00) but in the database,
it'll have a Created time of 2003-12-11 08:00:00.

This screws up my ability to select all the info for tickets created
on a specific date. Now, I suppose this question might be
better posed to a mysql group, perhaps. But I'm wondering if
other RT users have run into the same problem and have a solution
or workaround?

--jessica