[rt-users] DB too large

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.biz
Mon Dec 15 07:32:03 EST 2003

* Ilan Rabinovitch <ilan at fonz.net> [20031215 14:58]: wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been using request tracker for about a year now and it is working great.
> However, over the last few months it seems the MySQL db is starting to get
> too large.  Is there anyway to automatically purge the DB of e-mails beyond
> a certain age?

Warning: This is applicable to RT2.

I know there are other ways, but you can use the Search utility to list all
tickets created before some_date, then use "Update all tickets at once" to
change status to "dead", then use one of the utilities out there that purge
deleted tickets. I have attached one here.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
						 --from a /. post