[rt-users] # of transactions in resolving a ticket

MAS rt at mas.ml1.net
Mon Dec 15 09:27:13 EST 2003

A quick question here about what exactly happens when a ticket is
resolved  (for reference when creating scrips).

Using the web interface, when I have a ticket open and click on the
'Resolve' link in the upper right, I'm taken to a screen similar to that
used for adding Replies or Comments to a ticket.

If I resolve the ticket using this form, does RT:

1) Enter a Correspondence/Comment transaction, which is dealt with
according to the applicable scrips, and then enter a Resolve transaction,
which is also dealt with according to the applicable scrips (but
separately from the first transaction); or

2) Enter a Resolve transaction, with the text entered in the form
submitted as the content of the transaction, which is then dealt with
appropriately.

Either seems reasonable, but I'm not sure which one RT actually does. Any
ideas?

thanks!

mike