[rt-users] Can't call method "Parse" when sending email ... SendEmail.pm && rt-crontool

Rob Walker rob at myinternetplace.net
Mon Dec 15 19:53:17 EST 2003

I have looked online, and the only other question about this topic is
found in the question at
http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-May/013943.html but there
is not any answers posted to that thread.

I need to send an email to everyone who has a ticket open which is
overdue.

When I run rt-crontool from the command line, I get the following
errors:

rt-crontool --verbose \
            --search RT::Search::ActiveTicketsInQueue \
            --search-arg General \
            --condition RT::Condition::Overdue \
            --action RT::Action::SendEmail

[Tue Dec 16 00:50:49 2003] [crit]: Can't call method "Parse" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm line 210.
 (/usr/share/perl5/RT.pm:254)

I have updated the SendEmail.pm file to be the one from 2.0.7, but the
changes there are a Cc -> Bcc typo fix and a || die; on a sendmail
call.  Doesn't seem to be too much of a change.

Rob