[rt-users] Rights: Modify Ticket

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 18 14:24:08 EST 2003

When our users try to reassign a ticket to another person, and the
ticket is owned by someone else, they get this message:

"You can only reassign tickets that you own or that are unowned"

But I find that odd because they belong to a group with "Modify Ticket"
rights on that queue, which I thought meant that they could "Change
Owner" according to the April 13th 2003 draft manual pg 54.

I've tried assigning "Modify Ticket" with all Queue/Global
Individual/Group combinations and I still get that result.

A workaround is to "Steal" the ticket, then reassign it, but this isn't
ideal.

I logged in as root with full privs, I have the same problem.

Is it just me or is this how RT is supposed to behave.

Setup:
FreeBSD: 4.8, RT: 3.0.7, MySQL: 4.0.16, Apache+ssl:
1.3.28, Perl 5.8.1, mod_perl-1.28  all installed from ports.