[rt-users] Problem with rt-mailgate (3.0.7)

Chris North chris at mazunetworks.com
Thu Dec 18 17:28:35 EST 2003

I'm migrating from RT 2 to RT3. RT3 works well except for rt-mailgate.
Anyone got any ideas?
Mail to rt-mailgate fails with the error:

  (Deferred: prog mailer (/usr/sbin/smrsh) exited with EX_TEMPF)

I tried running rt-mailgate on the command line with debugging on and
see the "server error" but can't tell what failed.

cat chris |/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue it --action correspond
--url https://localhost/ --debug Connecting to
https://localhost//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at
/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 444, <> chunk 1.
%# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK
%#
%# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> %# %#
(Except where explictly superceded by other copyright notices) %# %#
This work is made available to you under the terms of Version 2 of %#
the GNU General Public License. A copy of that license should have %#
been provided with this software, but in any event can be snarfed %#
from www.gnu.org.
%#
%# This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but %#
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of %#
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU %#
General Public License for more details.
%#
%# Unless otherwise specified, all modifications, corrections or %#
extensions to this work which alter its source code become the %#
property of Best Practical Solutions, LLC when submitted for %#
inclusion in the work.
%#
%#
%# END LICENSE BLOCK
<%ARGS>
$message
$queue => 1
$action => "correspond"
$ticket => undef
</%ARGS>
<%init>
use RT::Interface::Email;
my ( $status, $error, $Ticket ) = RT::Interface::Email::Gateway(\%ARGS);
</%init>
<%flags>
inherit => undef # inhibit UTF8 conversion done in /autohandler
</%flags> % if ($status == -75 ) { temporary failure % }
%    elsif ($status == 1) {
ok
%        if ( $Ticket->Id ) {
Ticket: <% $Ticket->Id %>
Queue: <% $Ticket->QueueObj->Name %>
Owner: <% $Ticket->OwnerObj->Name %>
Subject: <% $Ticket->Subject %>
Requestor: <% $Ticket->Requestors->MemberEmailAddressesAsString %>
% }   else {
not ok - <%$error%>
% }
RT server error.

The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It
said:

%# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK
%#