[rt-users] RT 3.0 Beta 1 discussions

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.biz
Fri Feb 7 01:27:38 EST 2003

> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 04:21:51PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>> I looked at RT-3.0-Beta-1 docs and was wondering whether discussions
>> on it are still restricted to the -devel list??
>
> Restricted, no, though I suspect most of the interesting stuff is still
> over there, so if you intend to play with the early betas, subscribing
> to rt-devel is probably a good idea.
>
>> like from the manual:
>>
>> <VirtualHost *>
>>  ServerName rt3.wananchi.com
>>  DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
>>  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>>  PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
>>  PerlModule Apache::DBI
>>  PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
>>  ErrorLog /var/log/rt3-error.log
>>  <Location />
>>      SetHandler perl-script
>>      PerlHandler RT::Mason
>>  </Location>
>> </VirtualHost>
>>

>> When I tryto access it I get an error:
>>
>> beastie# less /var/log/rt3-error.log
>> [Thu Feb 06 14:43:05 2003] [error] [client 62.8.64.13] Directory index
>> forbidden by rule: /opt/rt3/share/html/
>>
>> Well, there is no such error with other Virtualhosts (there are many
>> of them). That's where I am lost.
>

> I will admit to having changed these instructions immediately prior to
> the beta release ;)   if you go to rt3.yourdomain.com/index.html does it
> work right?

The problem is that at first I am denied access into the html directory, so
I added a rule:
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/>
 Order deny, allow
 Allow from all
</Directory>

That way I get it but I just get the listings for the files. When I clieck
on index.html, yes, it does open, but clicks on any subsequent links also
give files listings.

My other virtual hosts are not exhibiting this phenomenon, so I am wondering
if I did not do something correctly....