[rt-users] index.html not loading

James Orr james at nmsonline.org
Mon Feb 10 10:32:41 EST 2003

Hi,

I've got RT 2.1.70 working on apache 2.0.40 with modperl2.  For the most
part everything is fine, except for one thing.

For some reason it will not load the index.html file as the default file for
any directory.  It works fine if I specify it explicitly (i.e.
http://rt.mydomain.com/index.html).

Here's my apache configuration:
<VirtualHost my.ip.number>
        ServerName rt.mydomain.com
        DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html

        PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
        PerlModule Apache::DBI
        PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
        <Location />
                SetHandler perl-script
                PerlHandler RT::Mason
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>

I've tried adding DirectoryIndex index.html to the VirtualHost, but it made
no difference.

Incidently, index.html work fine on the other virtualhosts (none of which
use Mason though).

- James