[rt-users] problems with PostgreSQL 7.3.1

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Mon Feb 10 14:56:11 EST 2003

>> I did some digging and it looks like somewhere along the line,
>> "TimeTaken" is being set to undef (or is never defined in the first
>> place) so the whole thing falls apart.
>>
>> I will try your patch, but somehow I'm not sure it will solve the
>> problem...

RB> It looks to me like the Postgres interface doesn't like undef
RB> being given as a value. No idea why, I'd have thought that'd be
RB> interpreted as an SQL NULL. You could try something like:

No, postgres' DBI handles that just fine.  The problem is that
starting with Postgres 7.3, it is more pedantic about ANSI SQL
compliance, and RT tries to pass an empty string for a numeric field
and assume it gets converted to zero, where in fact that does not
happen.

You need to stick with Postgres 7.2 for now.  This is the official
word from Jesse as posted to this list a while back.