[rt-users] Debugging messages

Ian Grant Ian.Grant at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 20 08:47:09 EST 2003

I'm using rt-2-0-15 and I have added lines like

$RT::Logger->debug("Debug stuff");

to various places under WebRT but I am not seeing any output in log files. My
configure.pm has

$LogDir = "/tmp";
$LogToScreen = 'error';
$LogToFile = 'debug';
#$LogToFileNamed = "$LogDir/rt.log.".$$.".".$<; #log to rt.log.<pid>.<user>
$LogToFileNamed = "$LogDir/rt.log".$<; #log to rt.log.user;

I am not seeing anything in /tmp/rt.log.* when I use WebRT. However I do get
output when I use the command line interface.

Does anyone have any ideas?

My web server is configured to run daemons as user www (uid 88) and group rt.

--
Ian Grant, Computer Lab., William Gates Building, JJ Thomson Ave., Cambridge
Phone: +44 1223 334420