[rt-users] RT causes core dumps for apache+modperl1

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.biz
Fri Feb 21 03:22:28 EST 2003

* shimi <shimi at shimi.net> [20030221 10:39]: wrote:

> its said in the installation instructions that compiling modperl as a DSO
> will almost always cause apache to crash. did you do that? if not - what
> also happend to me is that if I didn't load the module to connect apache
> to the SQL backend, that is:
>
> PerlModule Apache::DBI
>
> sometimes the make deps doesn't install that (as suggested in the manual)
> and you shold download the apache stuff manually with cpan (again, as
> suggested in the manual) - and then it works...
>
> or at least, that's how it was for me :)

Helli Shimi,

I compiled modperl statically into apache. See the output below:

beastie# httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_perl.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/local/sbin/suexec

About Apache::DBI, I also have it installed:

beastie# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Apache::DBI'
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /usr/home/admin/.cpan/Metadata
  Database was generated on Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:26:18 GMT
Apache::DBI is up to date.
beastie#

Any more suggestions??

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington, wash at wananchi.com	. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |