[rt-users] initialization prob - OpenBSD/PostgreSQL/FastCGI

Mary Hunter mhunter at jfku.edu
Wed Feb 26 21:11:25 EST 2003

Hi,

I am trying to get rt3 (rt-2-1-75) installed.

The dependency check and subsequent fixing went disturbingly smoothly.

I am getting an error when trying to initalize the rt database.

I have tried this both specifying and not specifying the port in
my /var/www/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm . I've made sure the dba password
was right.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I have missed? I will send
the RT_SiteConfig.pm on request, I don't want to spam up a list
I've only been on for three days. =)

elvis# make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl //var/www/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba postgres --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create a new database and grant RT access to that database,
this script needs to connect to your Pg instance on localhost as postgresql.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no database
password, just press return.

Password: DBI connect('dbname=template1;host=localhost;port=5432','postgres',...) failed: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: Connection refused at //var/www/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 82
Failed to connect to dbi:Pg:dbname=template1;host=localhost;port=5432 as postgres: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: Connection refused at //var/www/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 82, <STDIN> line 1.
*** Error code 255

Stop in /home/install/rt3/rt-2-1-75 (line 331 of Makefile).

Thank you in advance, rt-users! I've only gotten this far
because of the rt-users archives!