[rt-users] Can two unique instances of RT share the same database?

Jeff Holst jeffholst at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 8 00:34:57 EST 2003

Thanks Seph.  Just to clarify my two unique installations of RT using a
shared database are installed and fully operational.  I've already confirmed
this appears to work fine on the surface.  I just want to make sure there
aren't any known gotchas with a configuration of this type.  I forgot about
the mailgateway and command line clients essentially doing the same thing so
it sounds like everything should be fine.  I presume RT must have some type
of table locking to prevent database corruption from multiple users with
even just one instance of RT.  I'm just hoping this applies to two instances
of RT as well.

-jeff