[rt-users] [Mason] Cannot resolve file to component ?

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed Jan 8 21:30:55 EST 2003

Two weeks ago, Emre Bastuz wrote:
> For others to follow this thread, a complete Vhost config for
> usage of rt2 with fastcgi might look like this:
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.1:80>
>         AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
>         DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html
>         ServerName rt2-test.somehost.de
>         FastCgiServer /usr/local/rt2/bin/mason_handler.fcgi
>         Alias /NoAuth/images/ /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html/NoAuth/images/
>         ScriptAlias / /usr/local/rt2/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
>         PerlModule Apache::DBI
>         <Location />
>          PerlHandler RT::Mason
>         </Location>
> </VirtualHost>

This can't be correct, either. There's still mod_perlisms there.
PerlModule and PerlHandler aren't applicable to fcgi.

Aside from that, everything appears to be in order.
My AddHandler and FastCgiServer directives appear outside the
VirtualHost; I'm not sure that it really matters one way or
the other (anyone?)

For the record (and to add to the confusion), here's a config
that works with fcgi, with no trace of mod_perl loaded:

LoadModule fastcgi_module     libexec/apache/mod_fastcgi.so
AddModule mod_fastcgi.c

<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    <IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
        AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
        FastCgiServer /usr/local/rt2/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 300
    </IfModule>
</IfModule>

<VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html
    ServerName rt.example.com
    Alias /NoAuth/images/ /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html/NoAuth/images/
    <IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
        ScriptAlias / /usr/local/rt2/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
    </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

(can anyone improve on this for the doco? :-)
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630