[rt-users] escalate/EscalatePriority vs sql_rt2_escalator.pl

Seth Cohn, EFN General Manager gm at efn.org
Thu Jan 9 21:53:24 EST 2003

I'm looking at 2 different tools to handle Priority bumping:

The pair of escalate (as a daily cron)  and EscalatePriority.pm

or

sql_rt2_escalator.pl

It seems the advantage of escalate/EP.pm is that it uses RT to make the
changes.  I'm wanting to using IfPriorityExceeds scrips too, and I guess
(but I'm not sure if I'm correct) that using those will trigger when the
escalate script runs, as it increments as it increments each ticket in
turn.

On the other hand, the sql method is much faster, I'd think, since it's a
just a simple direct SQL update.  Am I correct that the IfPriority's won't
trigger, until the ticket is otherwise 'touched'?

Anyone using one or the other have any comments/suggestions?