[rt-users] [err]: Couldn't load from the users database.

John Giles john at trdlnk.com
Fri Jan 10 18:23:52 EST 2003

Help.
I have a major problem.  My RT2 on RH 8.0 with MySQL was
working great.  Now it doesn't send any emails and I get
this error when I take ownership of a ticket.
----
[err]: Couldn't load from the users database.
----

I manually deleted a number of unwanted usernames from
within MySQL that has their password set to *NO-PASSWORD*
(because I noticed there were a lot of SPAM addresses).
I must have removed a few important Users, Nobody and root.

I believe I can fix this problem if I can recreate the
base Users table for RT2... Most importantly 'Nobody'
and 'root'.  I found $RT/etc/insertdata and recreated
the two users based off that script but still no go.

I can promise the Users tables the only RT2 table I
issued a delete command on.

Please reply to john at trdlnk.com AND the RT list with all
emails.

John Giles