[rt-users] [err]: Couldn't load from the users database.

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Sat Jan 11 16:58:44 EST 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, John Giles wrote:

> ----
> [err]: Couldn't load from the users database.
> ----
>
> I manually deleted a number of unwanted usernames from
> within MySQL that has their password set to *NO-PASSWORD*

First rule of RT:

	Do not manually add/modify/delete rows/columns in the RT database
	unless you really, really know what you are doing.

	( And have taken out kneecap insurance. )

> (because I noticed there were a lot of SPAM addresses).
> I must have removed a few important Users, Nobody and root.

Aaiieeee.

> I believe I can fix this problem if I can recreate the
> base Users table for RT2... Most importantly 'Nobody'
> and 'root'.  I found $RT/etc/insertdata and recreated
> the two users based off that script but still no go.

More importantly, did you recreate them with the same 'id' number?  RT
depends on being able to load certain users (root for instance, and
Nobody), and those users being able to do particular things as defined by
the RT Access Control System (which is based on the User's 'id' number).

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security