[rt-users] trouble installing RT2

Vince Hoang rt at ml.altern8.net
Tue Jan 14 18:52:35 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 09:35:10AM +1000, Phil Homewood wrote:
> Vince Hoang wrote:
>
> > Try renaming rt.tar.gz to rt-2-0-14.tar.gz.
>
> No, that won't help. The solution is to get the port to
> download a known version instead of the rt.tar.gz moving
> target.

Sorry, I was not clear enough earlier. Renaming rt.tar.gz in
both Makefile and distinfo prepares the port for 2.0.14. I do
agree, downloading specific version for the port would be an
improvement.

For better or for worse, I keep /usr/local/bin/perl symlinked to
/usr/bin/perl and did not notice the other gotcha.

-Vince