[rt-users] Knowledge Base

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri Jan 17 16:45:36 EST 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Les Mikesell wrote:

> From: Bruce Campbell
>
> > However, if you're after something with a bit more oomph behind it, such
> > as cross-linking, searches, a decent ACL system and integration with RT,
> > hang around until next week, when a beta version of the next RT/FM will be
> > released.
>
> I've been hoping to make ht/dig combine the RT tickets and several other
> data sources into one fast web search engine but haven't tried it yet.  Is
> it likely to break anything to let the web spider portion push all the
> buttons and follow all the links nightly as a read-only user?

Hrm.  I personally wouldn't point any search engine at the WebUI; theres
too many links to follow that would produce needless overhead on the WebUI
server, and it is possible to show the same information through multiple
links.  Ugh.

As I remember it, you can tell ht/dig that 'this' URL is where it should
go to to index stuff, and 'that' URL is where it should tell people where
it came from.  So, you can take Ticket/Display.html and a specific example
queue index page, and produce a special cut-down version for ht/dig so it
just indexes the ticket data, and not the other fluff that the WebUI has.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security