[rt-users] Attachments sent from RT are 'inline'

Lynoure Rajamäki lynoure at otaverkko.fi
Tue Jan 21 02:42:12 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 01:46, Bruce Campbell wrote:

> Something to add to the archives for this.  Somewhere along the way, the
> 'MIME-Version' header gets dropped.  This makes certain mailers, such as
> Pine, not recognise the mail thus generated as a valid multipart mail
> (Brad Marshall noticed this problem).

It didn't seem to be there even to start with (see Robert Grasso's
message in rt-devel). Actually it isn't even in the messages that are
sent without NotifyWithAttachment. I wonder whether the MIME module sets
this header automatically at all. (At least I didn't notice any part of
the code that would do that, though it should...)  IMO MIME module is
the place where this should be fixed.

> Hence, add the following line after 'make_multipart' (~line43):
>
>   $self->TemplateObj->MIMEObj->head->add('MIME-Version', '1.0' );

Thanks for the workaround though. :)

--
Lynoure Rajamäki
lynoure at otaverkko.fi