[rt-users] Please check the version for RT to execute

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Thu Jan 23 17:19:08 EST 2003

Swapana Ghosh wrote:
>        As I was facing problem in the interface
> display, it is coming in the plane text rather than
> it's screen effect.

Sounds like your Apache config isn't right.

> As our server is Cobalt raq4, we can't
> upgrade the perl version , it will break our
> warranty.

You shouldn't need to; RT2 runs fine under Perl 5.005_03.

> perl-5.00503-2
> HTML-Mason-1.04
> MySQL-3.23.37
> apache-1.3.12-1C9

That MySQL is pretty old. 3.23.38 is the minimum version
recommended in the RT README. Anything older than 3.23.54
is likely to have possibly-serious security problems....

http://www.google.com/search?q=cobalt+site%3Afsck.com turns
up previous discussion of getting RT working on a RAQ. Good
luck!

--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630