[rt-users] Organisations vs individual requestors

Seth Cohn, EFN General Manager gm at efn.org
Fri Jan 31 13:43:46 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> We're looking at migrating to RT2 from a never quite finished inhouse
> developed "thing".

If you've got enough development to try your own ticket system, making the
following change should be pretty easy:

> I know that the auto-created users that get made when a new requestor is
> seen can have an Organisation specified, and I know you can search for
> users based on organisation, but how hard would it be to implement ticket
> searching/filtering based on requestor organisation? Possibly this is a
> feature request... To be able to view the organisation in the queue, and
> to be able to search and filter based on it?

Adding the view is really easy: merely add the 'lookup' to the display of
whatever you want... It's just another property of Requestor you can
display.  See my recent mail about adding to the My* Elements, or add it
to the main listing (I think that's defined  in config.pm)

Search and filter, similarly, it's mostly a matter of cloning... take a
look for sections in Search and Web.pm using ValueofRequestor, and copy
that I think, then make changes as to what property you are using.