[rt-users] Organisations vs individual requestors

Seth Cohn, EFN General Manager gm at efn.org
Fri Jan 31 22:40:04 EST 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> > > We're looking at migrating to RT2 from a never quite finished inhouse
> > > developed "thing".
> >
> > If you've got enough development to try your own ticket system, making the
> > following change should be pretty easy:
>
> How do major code customisations like you're suggesting carry across
> upgrades?

I'd call this a minor customization.  I'd suspect about a hour's worth of
work.

Well, the web front end (ie the display parts) is Mason, and it is built
with a 'local' directory for code changes.  Worst case, you'd want to diff
and patch new versions, if the new version of a page had something you
need/want/etc

The backend (the perl side), mostly I'm suggesting _adding_ a
subroutine/line to handle the added functionality.  Should be pretty safe
for the future.

Then, there is always the best way: code it so that Jesse likes it, and
it'll find it's way into the codebase for everyone. :)

Seth