[rt-users] Searching with RT "hangs"

Matthew Watson mwatson at portjackson.net
Sun Jan 26 01:52:51 EST 2003

I had this problem. I solved is as follows

1) Altered search pages so staff could not do a search on more than one
requestor,
eg
Where request = "bob at bla.com" AND requestor ="john at bla.com",
I found often what was happening is users didn't quite understand that if
they
refreshed the page on a search, it would add those items into the search
again.

2) Moved all tables to innodb, this allowed from row level locking, so even
if a big query was being run, other queries could also get processed and
not get queued waiting for that big one to finish.

Previously to doing this, I was getting lockups atleast once a day,
normally more
and the only practical solution was to restart mysql or manually kill the
offending mysql querys.

Hope this helps.

Mat.

--On Saturday, 25 January 2003 6:29 PM -0500 Giles Malet - IST