[rt-users] RT: Int. characters in ticket message - I give up :-(

Gerald Rüscher ruescher at math.uni-paderborn.de
Wed Jul 2 10:13:20 EDT 2003

Ok, after much hassle we've finally managed to make RT (3.0.3)
accept tickets via eMails with international characters.
I can compose a message with any charactes like öäü and it
creates and displays the ticket nicely.  Big hooray!

However modifying the ticket from within the web interface
now messes up the ISO characters.

For example if I simply comment on a ticket, the ticket text
(with the umlauts) is nicely copied to the web mask but when I
submit it, the umlauts are garbeled.

For example I create the following ticket via eMail: