[rt-users] RT 3.0.3 on Solaris 9 with Companion CD packages?

Randy Millis rmillisl at gdcanada.com
Thu Jul 10 17:44:51 EDT 2003

> > I'm wondering if its possible (since I am trying to do this and its not
> > working) to install RT 3.0.3 on Solaris 9 with the Solaris Software
> > Companion packages installed for:
> >
> > - MySQL 3.23.43
> That's just not going to work for you. if it doesn't fail on install, it
> will fail later and you'll be really unhappy

Oops I see its actually Mysql 3.23.46 thats is supported in teh README.

> > -  Apache/1.3.27 (Unix)
> > -  perl, v5.6.1
>
> That may work, but it's increasingly unsupported. Perl 5.8 is strongly
> recommended.

In the context of RT on Solaris 9, do you recommend using the Companion CD
Packages (where compatible), Sunfreeware packages, or building from source?
I used RT2 with great success on RedHat 7.3 with all packages.

Thanks for the reply!