[rt-users] FreeBSD + MySQL tuning

freebsd at coal.sentex.ca freebsd at coal.sentex.ca
Fri Jul 11 14:02:53 EDT 2003

We're currently running 2.0.15 with PostgreSQL, and I've spent a fair bit of
time tuning and optimizing this system.

For various reasons, we're moving over to MySQL when we change to 3.0
(hopefully as of 3.0.4).  However, I've been unable to find the wealth of
documentation on tuning a MySQL server that I could find with PGSQL.

Does anyone have any pointers to any performance tuning?  I've read some
minor docs which essentially suggest using linuxthreads, but other than
that, I've yet to find anything worthwhile.

TIA...