[rt-users] MySQL odbc connections to RT

Robert Joost rob.joost at knowledgenet.com
Mon Jul 14 14:09:12 EDT 2003

Right off the bat, so, sorry if I missed your meaning,
it sounds like you just need to ensure you got permissions correct:

mysql>grant all privileges on rt2.* to rt_user at myrtbox identified by
'your-password';

mysql>flush privileges;

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 11:04, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> I'm trying to use the Windows MySQL ODBC 3.51 driver
> to connect to the mysql database behind my RT 2.0.15
> (linux).   From the windows box I hope to eventually
> use Crystal Reports to query and generate reports.
> Upon installing the ODBC driver on the Windows box and
> testing, I get an error in Windows:
>
> [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver] Access denied for user:
> rt_user at myrtbox' (Using Password: YES)
>
> In the ODBC driver configuration, I used the following
> info:
>
> db name: rt2
> db user: rt_user
> db pass: <pass from the config.pm>
>
> Is there some special way mysql needs to be started,
> or some command line flag somewhere preventing my
> connection from working?
> Currently, it appears that mysql only permits
> connections from the IP of the host itself.  For a
> quick test, I built a local ssh redirect on the box
> with the mysql to satisfy mysql (it thinks the
> connection came from localhost) and pointed my odbc
> driver to this new port.  So, tcp 3306 is covered.
> But udp 3306 is not.  Perhaps this is my problem?
>
> If anyone else is using Crystal Reports to query RT,
> I'd be interested in how you did this, or what I'm
> doing wrong.
>
> Thanks!

Rob Joost
Unix Administrator

KnowledgeNet
14624 N. Scottsdale Road, #300
Scottsdale, AZ  85254
Phone:   (480) 315-4841
Cell:    (602) 920-6113
Email: rob.joost at knowledgenet.com
Web:   <http://www.knowledgenet.com/>

Why KnowledgeNet? Listen and learn from top customers -- Cisco, US
Postal Service, and EMC, to name a few!
<http://www.knowledgenet.com/onlineevents/>