[rt-users] Installing RT on Red Hat 9

Mick Szucs mick at onramp.ca
Wed Jul 16 07:34:10 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 05:45, Dusan Djordjevic wrote:
> I installed RT on Red Hat 9, and it is not working very well. I am using
> mod_perl 2 shipped with Red Hat, I suppose that is why. Problem is that
> I have to install it on Red Hat 9. So, what is your suggestion ? To
> downgrade to mod perl 1 ? Something else ?

What I did:

-	rebuild mod_perl-1.99_09 from the Rawhide src.rpm.  This will require
the apr rpms as well
-	patch webmux.pl as outlined here:
http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2003-May/003947.html

And everything is much much better.

Of course, you'll still have that damn Storable.pm error that no one has
been able to get to the bottom of, but at least you'll be suffering in
good company.  :)

Good luck.
--
Mick Szucs <mick at onramp.ca>