[rt-users] Ticket Escalation & pagers?

Aaron Turner aturner at netscreen.com
Thu Jul 17 14:22:48 EDT 2003

So we're using RT 3.0.0 with great success.  One thing we'd like to do
however is have RT send an email to the on-call person when a new ticket
is created.  That person would have 15 minutes to reply, and if not, the
system would then page their backup.  Again, 15 minutes, and then it
pages the manager until they respond.

Right now, there are two problems:

1) Escalation
2) Our skytel two-way pagers don't maintain the subject line, or other
headers and so it has no means of determining which ticket the person is
replying to.  (The subject line is contained in the body)

Has anyone done anything like this?  I haven't been able to figure out
how to write scrips or how the RT priority thing works.  Any
pointers/suggestions/sample code would be really appreciated, even if it
doesn't directly integrate with RT (including commerical software which
does pager escalation.)

Thanks.

--
Aaron Turner  <aturner at netscreen.com>    work: 408-543-4025
Sr. Security Engineer                    fax:  408-543-4078