[rt-users] mySQL 3.x series deprecation.

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Tue Jul 22 07:47:06 EDT 2003

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
> Now we are using RT 2.x with mySQL 3.x, but we want to migrate to RT 3.x.
> Is mySQL upgrade to 4.x absolute condition of migration process?

3.x works, and nothing is being done deliberately to break the
compatibility. However, it's no longer supported, and does have
problems which may jump up to bite you sooner or later (or so I
understand.) Save yourself a lot of potential pain, and install
mysql 4.x from the start, if at all possible.