[rt-users] Installing RT on Red Hat 9

Matti Lattu matti.lattu at helsinki.fi
Wed Jul 23 02:55:19 EDT 2003

Matt Glover wrote:

>Add me to the list of RH9 users having the same problem.

I tried an install RH9+RT yesterday and in my installation there were
several CPAN packages that failed the "make test" phase. Actually, I
could not even test my Apache compilation since the HTML::TokeParser and
HTML::HeadParser could not be installed without errors in tests.

My previous test install to RH7.3 did not appear to work, since I've
learned you need perl 5.8.x to get the international (national for us)
characters to work. I'm not interested to mess my production server by
running two different versions of perl.

Today I'll have fun with RH8.0 and RT.

r. Matti