[rt-users] rt3 and LDAP integration?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jul 23 19:01:18 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 16:39, John Jasen wrote:
> I looked through the docs and mailing list archives, perhaps not
> thoroughly enough, but didn't see anything that indicated that rt3.x can
> use an LDAP server for authentication of users. Can it, and if so, can
> anyone point me in the right directions?

If it's still the same as rt2, it can use any authentication that
apache can use.  I dropped in the mod_auth_pam apache module so it
uses approximately the same thing as the Linux system itself, which
is configured to check the local password file first, then use
pam_smb to authenticate against an NT domain controller.  I don't
think anything would have to change in the rt/apache setup to
use pam_ldap instead - or you could use mod_auth_ldap directly
in apache.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com