SendEmail.pm hacks (Was: Re: [rt-users] RT3.0.4 not sending mail?)

freebsd at coal.sentex.ca freebsd at coal.sentex.ca
Fri Jul 25 14:29:45 EDT 2003

Okay, I'm having various issues with the new RT install, but none of them
appear to be RT related (read: apache and end-user related).  Well, that's
almost true.

I've put in a couple of our custom hacks back into SendEmail.pm.  One of
them seems to work all the time (adding " [$self->QueueObj->name]" after the
normal Subject tag), whereas the other has been breaking every so often.

In SetSubject, I added this (to make e-mail client filtering a little
easier):

    $self->SetHeader( 'RT-Queue',
                       $self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name() );

However, this header doesn't always seem to be in place.  About three hours
ago, I got *one* message that didn't have the header in there.  And when I
made the change yesterday, there was a period of time for about an hour
*after* I had done ten minutes of testing to prove that it worked, that it
*didn't* work for *any* messages.

So... Does RT ever send anything /not/ through SendEmail.pm?  Have I put my
hacks in the wrong place?  Is there anything I should be looking for in the
logs?