[rt-users] $Users->OrderBy('RealName') does not work as expected

Ken Bantoft ken at freeswan.ca
Mon Jul 28 12:11:08 EDT 2003

I've been fighting with this for 2 hours now - what I thought would be a
simple change.  In Elements/SelectOwner, I want to display the RealName's
of the folks, sorted by Last Name (like it is in the DB).

However, RT won't let me - $Users->OrderBy('RealName') still returns the
result set ordered by 'Name'.  I even put data into NickName and
OrderBy->('NickName') and ended up with the same results as
OrderBy('Name').  Is this a known behaviour, or have I run into a limit in
the current codebase?

--
Ken Bantoft                Super FreeS/WAN Maintainer
ken at freeswan.ca            http://www.freeswan.ca
                           PGP Key: finger ken at bantoft.org
"We can factor the number 15 with quantum computers. We
can also factor the number 15 with a dog trained to bark
three times."       -- Robert Harley, 5/12/01, Sci.crypt