[rt-users] International letters in rt 3.0.4

Matti Lattu matti.lattu at helsinki.fi
Mon Jul 28 12:36:44 EDT 2003

Rasmus Brøgger wrote:

> To dispaly "æøå" I normally use ISO-8859-1 encoding.
> My guess is that RT3 handles the encoding wrong, or I've lacked to
> specify the correct encoding.
>
> Perl: 5.6.1

My installation in RedHat was running out-of-the-box with öäå when
running with Perl 5.8.0. I did not even have to change the locale from
the default "C". Previous installations with 5.6.1-based environments
resulted exactly the same results which you described. When I created a
ticket using the web interface the national characters were messed up,
but initiating the ticket via the mail interface resulted correct chars.
For some reason, the subjects worked all right.

RT seems to use UTF-8 (note the encoding setup in the Apache config file
and the stored data in the database) and the EmailOutputEncoding has
nothing to do with this.

r. Matti