[rt-users] RT3 speed thread

Simon Woodward sw-lists at onyx.net
Mon Jun 2 08:50:00 EDT 2003

> Yes. And Mysql 4.0 is _strongly_ recommended for RT3. For high loads,
> RT 3.23 isn't the right answer.

Yup, and I was using MySQL 4 and spent far too long with an unusable RT3. I
have for obvious operational reasons been forced to go back to RT2 and am
not overly keen on trying the experiment again because of all the hassle and
time it cost me last time.

(NB: that probably seemed harsh ... wasn't a dig or a flame, just a comment on
my experience ... if it wasn't so important, and I had more time to play,
wouldn't have been such an issue).

The last time I spoke about this, I was discussing about the extraordinary
amount of ACL lookups that appeared to be causing the speed issue ... has
anyone had any more experience of this ??

Cheers,

Simon.