[rt-users] Installing prerequisite perl modules

Greg.Hering at bench.com Greg.Hering at bench.com
Tue Jun 10 17:55:22 EDT 2003

Dear Forrest,

	I have had repeated problems with newer modules installed by CPAN being ignored by CPAN.  I have found that if a module is already installed in the default <whatever>/lib/perl5/<module-stuff> CPAN then installs the new module in <whatever>/lib/perl5/site_perl/<module-stuff> but still thinks the module is out of date (when doing CPAN 'r' recommend option).

	If I manually remove the one at the higher level, usually the older one ( find . -name <module.pm> -exec grep VERSION {} \; ), then the problem seems to be fixed for that module.  I have been having to do this for each module to get CPAN to think it's updated.

	I don't know if this is your problem, but I have tried posting to 'CPAN-testers' and 'perl-beginners' and don't have an answer yet.

	The script to 'test-deps' uses CPAN and also looks for specific versions, so a <*-dev> might not be recognized by RT.

HTH.

Greg

Gregory L. Hering
(256) 722-6420