[rt-users] Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'

Peter Ziobrzynski pzi at pzi.net
Thu Jun 12 13:30:27 EDT 2003

||Here is a quote from 4.x mysql manual:

max_allowed_packet||
    The maximum size of one packet. The message buffer is initialized to
    |net_buffer_length| bytes, but can grow up to |max_allowed_packet|
    bytes when needed. This value by default is small, to catch big
    (possibly wrong) packets. You must increase this value if you are
    using big |BLOB| columns. It should be as big as the biggest |BLOB|
    you want to use. The current protocol limits |max_allowed_packet| to
    16M.