[rt-users] Apache 2.x vs 1.x - and external auth

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 17 16:45:40 EDT 2003

I'm just started a new job and I'd like to set up RT here as well.
Help requests without my RT remind me of TV without using TiVo to skip
commercials: I can only stand it for a short while.

Please comment as to the correctness of my assumptions and feasibility
of my game plan.  Thanks :-)

Now that I'm doing a new install, with 3.x instead of 2.x, I want to
start with the right infrastructure to set it up so that I can:
1) do external authentication to (either kerberized windows
authentication or LDAP authentication - through w2k active directory).
2) use https

My assumptions:
1) Apache 2.x handles external LDAP authentication better (or at least
it is easier to set up) than Apache 1.x.
2) mod_perl isn't ready for Apache 2.x
3) fastcgi could work with Apache 2.x to support RT 3.x ?

The game plan:
Install apache 2.x with https: and fastcgi with postgresql on a redhat
9.0 system (installing apache from src instead of rpms).