[rt-users] RT 3.0.2 install woes

Jay Maynard jmaynard at conmicro.cx
Thu Jun 19 18:14:27 EDT 2003

I've been having a hell of a time getting 3.0.2 installed on Red Hat 8.0.
Getting the prerequisite packages installed from CPAN has been a major
headache. (Just like my other dealings with CPAN.) I've finally gotten it
down to just two missing prerequisites: Apache::Session and DBD::MySQL.

Trying to install Apache::Session results in the t/flex test looping until I
kill it manually, which causes the test to fail and the package not to get
installed.

The DBD::MySQL package has a really strange problem:
sbin/rt-test-dependencies calls for version 2.1018, but 2.1017 is the latest
version available from CPAN.

Anyone have a fix for these?